Australians for War Powers Reform presents
A special online webinar featuring
Professor Toby Walsh
Chief Scientist at UNSW’s Artificial Intelligence Institute
National Coordinator of the Stop Killer Robots campaign
in conversation with award winning journalist
WHAT: Automated Killing & the Future of Warfare
WHEN: Wednesday 19 April 6pm (AEST)
WHERE: Online via Zoom – Register for free HERE
- Why are governments around the world trying to develop Autonomous Weapons systems?
- To what extent is the Australian government involved and why hasn’t this been widely debated?
- Can killing on the battlefield without human decision making ever be ethical?
- How strong is the international push to ban robots that kill?
- Can regulation catch up given the rapid development of artificial intelligence?
- Will the current Defence Review reveal more about Australia’s plans for automated weapons systems?
Please join us for this important discussion on April 19.
Register for free HERE